Serious Personal Injuries Overview
In most circumstances, if one person causes injury to another, the law holds that person responsible for the injuries he or she causes. If you have been injured or someone you love has died because of the recklessness of another, the law provides that you should be compensated for your loss, your lost income, medical bills, as well as "non-economic" losses such as disfigurement, loss of self-esteem, pain and suffering and emotional trauma. Although financial compensation cannot heal your injuries, money can help to address the economic consequences of the injury.
Whether your case can be settled or has to go to trial, if you are represented by the Law Offices of Pettlon & Ginie, you couldn't be in better hands. Our attorneys help people who suffer serious injuries caused by the negligence of another recover every cent they are entitled to receive. We work diligently to ensure that you won't face difficult financial consequences of your injury. We don't want you to worry about how to make the next mortgage payment if you are unable to work, or who is going to pay your mounting medical bills.
If you have been injured as the result of someone else's negligence, contact our firm today to discuss your legal concerns. Call us now at 913-393-2100.
Types of Injury Cases
- Serious motor vehicle accidents: We represent people injured in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, working to build cases that result in the best recovery possible. We have handled numerous motor vehicle accident cases involving serious injury and death. Trey has tried these cases to juries in both Kansas and Missouri. Whether your claims can be settled or have to be tried, we can help you.
- Wrongful death: Typically, a wrongful death case can be brought by a parent, spouse or child of a person killed in an accident. Over the years our office has handled many tragic cases involving wrongful death, including the deaths of children and motorists killed in automobile accidents.
- Explosions and burns: These cases involve a number of unique issues. The damages to the person burned are life-long and can be devastating physically and emotionally. You need a personal injury attorney who has handled them before. We have experience representing people severely burned and injured in gas explosions and fires in both state and federal court.
- Psychiatrist malpractice: We help hold accountable psychiatrists and mental health facilities that fail to properly treat a loved one who is already a vulnerable and unstable individual, which results in a suicide. This may include improper monitoring, medication errors, misdiagnosis or an incorrect treatment plan. We have the knowledge and experience to handle these emotionally and technically difficult claims.
Types of Serious Personal Injuries
Our attorneys have experience handling cases involving catastrophic injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Closed head injury and concussion
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe burns or other permanent scarring
- Loss of sight/Loss of an eye
We have also handled many wrongful death lawsuits, brought on behalf of the families of people who are killed through the negligence of others.
We have represented clients who were paralyzed as a result of their injuries as well as clients who lost limbs. We do not handle "soft-tissue" injury cases or other cases involving minor injuries so that we can focus on very significant injury cases.
Every case is different, of course, but our attorneys will work hard in your case to obtain optimal results for you. Many of our clients are referred by former clients who were happy with the results of our work on their case, and many others are referred by other attorneys who know firsthand what kind of trial lawyers we are.
Contact Our Serious Personal Injuries Lawyers
The moments after a catastrophic injury are crucial to the case. The insurance company will begin its investigation immediately. Certain kinds of evidence may grow stale or even disappear later, if witnesses move or forget details, and we may need to have them interviewed while their memories are clear.
To discuss your situation and learn how we can assist you and your family, contact a personal injury attorney now. Call the Law Offices of Pettlon & Ginie at 913-393-2100.
Contact Us Anytime for Help
Contact the Law Offices of Pettlon & Ginie for an experienced trial lawyer to defend you against criminal charges or to handle your personal injury case.
Whatever your situation, we can help. Call our law firm today at (913) 393-2100.
- Free Initial Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Personal Injury Cases Taken on Contingency Fee Basis
Olathe, Kansas serious personal injury and criminal defense attorneys serving the Kansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri area, including cities such as Edwardsville, Leawood, Lenexa, Overland Park, Belton, Bonner Springs, Fairway, Gardner, Gladstone, Independence, Lee's Summit, Liberty, Paola, Parkville, Platte City, Prairie Village, Raytown, Riverside, Roeland Park, Smithville, Shawnee, Spring Hill, Mission, Mission Hills and Merriam.
Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Miami County, Jackson County, Clay County, Platte County